So, as you can see, I walked three extra steps today to bring you this blog post. You can thank me in the comments.
My main topic today will be on our almost camping trip last Friday. Yes, almost camping. We were hoping that camping trip #2 would be more successful than camping trip #1. (Remember. . KANNARAVILLE and RV people) Weeelllll. . . .it kinda sorta was a little bit better.
Let me explain.
We were all excited and got up to our camp site up in Logan canyon and set up our cute little camp like so:
And Paul made us a fire:
And we ate our traditional meal of hotdogs and marshmallows.
That's when it stopped being so fun.
I don't know if we both caught the flu bug that's been going around, or if it was a bad batch of hot dogs, because we both felt pretty queasy after our meal.
And on top of that. . ..we were right across from a group campsite. A family reunion was going on and they were drinking and were LOUD. AND, one of the guys from that group really must have some sort of mental disorder because he was walking up and down the road right outside our campsite yelling to himself about guns and shooting people. It was scary!! So adding all that up= let's pack up and go back home.
Luckily it wasn't very far away so it wasn't a total waste of time. . . just not nearly as cool as we were planning. I don't know if we will ever have a fun camping trip this summer. Gosh dang it.
Oh, and here's a picture of a caterpillar that was on our table. I wanted to put it in a plastic sandwich bag with holes in it and bring it home and put in a jar like I did when I was little, but Paul wouldn't let me.
Oh my gosh! I am dying about this! Please keep going camping so I can keep reading your hilarious stories!
ReplyDeleteIf you count the way back, you did 6 extra steps today just to post on this blog. :) thanks! I really like your caterpillar and I wish Paul would have let you take it home. I would have let you... Sorry about your camping attempts. Don't give up! :)
ReplyDelete