I keep forgetting to blog about the past couple date nights we've had. They've been good ones, let me tell you!
First, back on the 18th, we had Barnes and Noble date. This was actually really fun. The date was to go to Barnes and Noble (or any bookstore, really) and find some random trivia books, order something from their cafe, and then quiz each other.
Turns out the Barnes and Noble cafe is quite the place to be for a date on a Friday night! It was actually hard to find a table. There's only like 5 things on the menu that aren't some sort of coffee. I've had their "creme" caffeine-free things before and really liked them, but the ones at the Layton B&N were NOT that good. Boo. I wouldn't recommend getting those next time. Other than that, it was quite fun. Paul quizzed me on some Disney trivia (I bombed most of it.) And I read random facts out of some book that had a title like "Useless facts you don't really need to know." AND I quizzed him on facts from "The Hobbit", and it shouldn't be a surprise to many that he actually knew most of the answers! What a weirdy. :) We actually spent quite a bit of time there! We are nerds.
Next date night was on the 25th, and we had a sleep over. Ha ha, like we don't do that every night. Paul was in charge of this one and he tried to bring us back to how sleepovers went when you were a little kid. Remember how fun it was to have a sleepover with your best friend? We set up our air mattress and ordered pizza. He then let us watch a "chick flick" because he knows that's what most girls would do at a sleepover. So we watched "Ever After", a personal favorite, and he actually liked it! Then we made some candied popcorn with a packet of strawberry jello (really good! But really sticky.) And did what boys tend to do at sleepovers, and played a video game on our wii. Ha ha.
We tried out our new double sized sleeping bag that we got for Christmas from my parents and it was nice and toasty! Made us ready for spring so we can start going camping. All in all, it was another fun date night!
We had come to the end of the date ideas in our jar, so we sat down again and did some research and found a BUNCH of new ideas to try. We saved some from this past year that we really enjoyed (and seasonal ones that have to be done in warm weather) but I'm excited that we found so many new ideas! It will continue to be a surprise as to what we do this coming year.
Next post: One of our NEW date ideas that I was in charge of. Pictures and story to come soon!
Ooooh, the Barnes and Noble date. The date Brooks and I used to take just about every time we went out! Now we live here without a Barnes and Noble and our lives just aren't the same.
ReplyDeleteWe'd always get smoothies at Jamba Juice and take them to the bookstore and share a huge chair while we read our own books. Actually, I usually read the People magazine because it required zero skills or knowledge and was lots of fun!
Can't wait to hear about your new date ideas! You two really do put so much into them and I love that.